Re: [Healeys] Big Time Healey Event

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Big Time Healey Event
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:41:19 -0700
Joe and List,

As a Charter Member of the Austin-Healey Association of Southern
California, please accept our CONGRATULATIONS for your 40 years!  Wow!
This June will mark our Club's 35th anniversary and we still have six
Charter Members on the roster from an original 20.  How does the song
go?  "Still crazy after all these years!"  I will raise a tall, ice cold
glass of....of....er prune juice in your honor. :-)

Both you and The Hoo Roo Quinn have had the opportunity to "relax" in my
infamous hot tub and Don & Anne Read not only stayed with me but also
introduced me to the World of Outlaws Sprint Car racing in So. Cal.

When Bill Bolton of the Oregon Healey Club organized a group of us
colonists, myself and the late Rene Cades representing California, to
visit En Zed, attend your 1980 Melbourne National Rally and travel up to
Sydney, your hospitality was superb.  Who could forget 17 people in a 53
passenger bus with a garbage can full of ice and lager in the aisle and
tour highlights being narrated by Oz's own Christine?  And, of course,
we got to see many of Australia's outstanding cars: Your Sebrings,
Patrick's BN3/1, Rob's XR-37 and S's galore.

It's absolutely amazing what OUR groups of enthusiastic kids, half a
world apart, could do even prior to Al Gore's Internet!

Have a wonderful time and please find a site to post your pictures (with
who's who descriptions) so the rest of us "up above" can enjoy your
celebration as well!

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
'53 BN1M