Re: [Healeys] Copper Coloured Armstrong Shocks

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>, Rich C
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Copper Coloured Armstrong Shocks
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:46:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rich;B  Why not get in touch with SCP who currently make the original
Armstrong Lever Arm Shock Absorber.B  According to their website [
http://www.scp-uk.com ] B ......
b In 1997 SCP acquired its own manufacturing facility with the purchase of
the Armstrong lever arm shock absorber plant for OEM Taxi, Metrocab and
classic car production.B B  Two years later the Monroe suspension link
production line was added together with a manufacturing facility capable of
producing a wide range of suspension components and general turned parts.B B
SCP manufacture the original Armstrong Lever Arm Shock Absorber for
Applications such as Austin Healey, MG, Triumph as well as the FX4 and
Metrocab Taxis.b
I would imagine they would be the best current source to determine the
significance of copper or gold coloured shocks.
--Scott Morris
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

--- On Fri, 3/20/09, Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net> wrote: << Hello all,
Over the years I've observed a lot of copper coloured shocks on big Healeys
and other BMC cars of the '50's and ;60's. I have never been able to prove
these to have been installed originally, but have often wondered as to their
identity or meaning. Some folks have a theory that they may have been part of
the BMC "Gold Seal Factory Replacement" scheme of the period. However, I've
seen Gold Seal remanufactured items and they were painted gold, not copper.
...... >>
Yahoo!
Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite
sites. Download it now at
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.