[Healeys] Copper Coloured Armstrong Shocks

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Copper Coloured Armstrong Shocks
From: "Steve" <stevesylvia2@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:00:55 -0500
Rich and John,
            When I purchased my BN7, it had been garaged since 1976.
I'm told that the original owner use to street race it in Fort
Lauderdale FL., which would explain why I needed a complete transmission
rebuild.  When I began disassembly, I too discovered copper colored
shocks, which were shot, on the front end.  I consulted my restoration
guide as to the correct color and copper colored shocks are never
mentioned.  What John says about them being a competition upgrade would
make sense since the original owner beat the tar out of the tranny.
Maybe some day I'll have them rebuilt.

Steve Meyer  '61 BN7