[Healeys] Original 3000 Mk II AH Sales Slip Price

To: gary brierton <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Original 3000 Mk II AH Sales Slip Price
From: Russ Staub <bbb11489@azboss.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:03:30 -0700
Hi Gary,

Your BJ8 price info (below) prompted me to look up the original sales
slip for my '64 3000 MkII AH which I still have.  I bought it at
Imported Motor Car Co. in Columbus Ohio, 2-29-64 (leap day).  The price was:
 $3535  (car sales price)
   $100 (transportation charge)
   $140 (am-fm radio)
     $25 (wsw tires)
     $20 (undercoat)
     $17.90 (seatbelts)
   $115.44 (tax)
     $11.35 (license/title/registration fee).
-------------------
$3974.69  TOTAL

P.S. Steve B- Unfortunately, no traceable ID numbers (e.g. VIN) were
included for the car on the sales slip, and I was not bright enough to
have recorded this info anywhere after I bought the car.

Russ Staub
'59 AN5
'56 BN2
'67 BJ8
Mesa, AZ

according to Road & Track, 2/65, a new BJ 8 was list = $3,699.  Included in
list price - overdrive, wire wheels, heater, windscreen washer, adjustable
steering column, seat belt anchors. This road test also states an "as
tested"
price of 3828, possibly for tonneau and/or seat belts.
My first car, a BJ 8 purchased in Rockford, IL on 4/1965 cost $3,870 - $320
discount (?) + $154 tax = $3,704 and included tonneau, wires, seatbelts,
etc.