Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb heater pipe

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb heater pipe
From: "Herbert Miller" <hgmiller3@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:36:58 -0500
Gary:
BT7 parts book says:
" Commencing (c) 101 Pipe -water-heater to water connection  11B624
New part # AHB9048 Com. 13751 Remarks 11B624 and AHB9048 not available use
AHB9249
AHB9249 Com. 17035 BN7 17223 BT7"

My Tri carb BT7 is 14971, so I would have AHB9048. My BJ8 would have
AHB9249. They appear to be the same. The mounting tabs soldered to the tube
and are on the carb side of the tube. The tabs are about 2 inches long, with
two holes, one for manifold stud and one for capillary tube mounting clip.
I have a spare heater water pipe from an earlier 3000 H-BT7-L/5197 that is
some what different. 5197 would make it 11B624. This pipe is mounted with
non soldered clips similar to those used for the wiring harness, quite thin.
The tabs are short with one hole for the manifold stud. It appears that with
11B624 that the capillary tube is held in place on the head side of the
water pipe by an additional clip mounted to the manifold stud. Since the
change over to the tri carb was 13751 it appears that all tri carbs should
have the later water pipe, which is inconsistent with page 87 Anderson and
Moment, but you know that at change over time existing parts supplies were
used until consumed.

Herb Miller