Re: [Healeys] spark plugs

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] spark plugs
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:24:17 -0400
Comm'on Peter - you jest I know - that does not mean anything unless we know
how many duff NGK plugs were fitted to Datsun pedal cars, or Bosch to
Mercedes pedal cars!  We would need to run some stats to see if what the
standard deviation is and if there is a statistical difference. Champion may
have produced a smaller proportion of duff plugs?

My theory is that the vast majority of plugs are as good as one another and
that our perceived differences among them are based on small sample sizes or
flukes.  Based on chance alone, someone has to get more duff plugs than the
rest of us, it seems Ed drew the short straw!  Some previous responder
indicted that we tend swear off many products after one bad experience, and
that is the basis for my initial "myth" reference - that is how myths grow.
that comment was right on!

Sorry for stretching this out - I really don't care and I doubt any of this
will change our plug habits!

Mirek