Re: [Healeys] Very cool video - inside running cylinder

To: Tom Rech <tdrech@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Very cool video - inside running cylinder
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:42:53 +0800
There's probably no valve overlap because this is likely one of those
scientific testing engines they use in universities and labs, and has
probably been lab adjusted to remove overlap for demonstration purposes.

The reason you don't see a white blinding light is because the light needed
to get exposure at these high speeds will have to be much stronger than
light caused by the explosion.  A good example of this - if you take an
ordinary light bulb and turn it on, then stick it on an overhead projector,
the overhead projector will project a black outline of the bulb's element
(rather than the bulb's light) because the projector light is much brighter
than a standard light bulb.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1