[Healeys] FW: CHEC - Classic Hybrid Electric Car

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: CHEC - Classic Hybrid Electric Car
From: Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:53:53 -0400
              Sounds like a good April Fooler???

   WD  67 BJ8

> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:35:57 -0700
> From: bighealey@charter.net
> To: healeys@autox.team.net; spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] CHEC - Classic Hybrid Electric Car
>
> Well known British car restorer and long time fixture in the California club
racing scene Ralph Chechonit heads a new company (CHEC) with a unique offering
to battle the raising costs of gas.  The new cars to be produced involve
retrofitting older lightweight British and Italian Sports cars with moder
Hybrid drivetrains. The new venture leverages older classic cars and new
hybrid and electronic technology.  A company spokesperson collaborated rumors
of large government involvement and the use of stimulus funds rather than
traditional start up venture capital.

> Having unveiled three prototypes including a convertible MGA, Austin Healey
100 BN2 model and an Alfa Romero GTV potential customers were clamoring to get
orders in for their new cars. Spokesperson Debra Jaeger says company buyers
have been buying up Austin Healeys and Alfa Romeros from eBay, Craigslist and
private sellers in record fashion.  She said the cars are stripped of their
old motors and transmissions and retro fitted with electric hybrid power
trains supplied by their Chinese affiliate in Shanghai.  The interiors are
replaced with synthetic velour in bright colors doing away with leather
interiors that animal right activists might find offensive.  The exteriors are
painted in your choice of flourscent green, dayglow orange or banana peel
yellow.

> The company has reportedly been buying large numbers of Austin Healeys and
other cars as cores for their products.  Per company President Chechonit the
old original cars are loud, clunky and useless as a practical form of
transportation.  The resulting cars and much safer, more tame and lack the
noisiness of the originals which typically are gross polluters anyway.  As he
says we are taking useless old junk and making a real useful and desirable
product.