Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 3, Issue 213

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 3, Issue 213
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:51:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/09 10:31:18 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Time for an oil change.
>
> Who likes what engine oil in their 6-cylinder Austin Healeys - and why ?
>
> DM / Bj8

Oh, gosh...what fun. Let's all dig our hands into this old can of worms.

I'll start: Valvoline VR-1 20-50 Racing Oil. Now, someone say Castrol 20-50,
someone say Royal Purple, someone say Pennrite, and I'll counter with the best
there is: Torco, at $10 a quart (which I run in my race car because of the
higher level of metal protection -- have you priced a race engine rebuild
lately?) The correct answer, I submit, is any standard branded oil as long as
it's
20W50.

Gary Anderson