[Healeys] thanks for the help, and feeling like a big kid

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] thanks for the help, and feeling like a big kid
From: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:32:35 +0000
Guys

Hooked up a battery to the bj8 yesterday to try out all the electrical bits,
and hurray success they nearly all worked, just had one headlight and the
wiper motor not working. Thought it was better to try the hydraulics and
electrics before the engine was in.

How good was it hear the horns again, see the flashers work and even see the
hydraulic brake light. I went into the house to get my wife and son, to show
them 'rusty' was nearly living again. My 3 year old son was just as impressed
as me, and we both sat there playing with the switches - simple things! My
wife just smiled and went back in the house, they dont understand!

The headlight was just a loose connection, unfortunately had to pull the
glovebox to get the wiper motor out, only to find the commutator was binding
on the case, so success. All working, another bonding session with son playing
with switches again.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice over the last few years.

Next week is the big engine lift, all in one thru the shroud, with buttocks
clenched!

Thanks again Andy