Re: [Healeys] Wives and cars

To: John Sims <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wives and cars
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:55:35 +0000 (UTC)
I can't add my own story--I was only married briefly--but my father has
collected:

- Cars (currently): 1955 Thunderbird, 1965 Mustang and our 100M
- Trucks (currently): 1946 Chevy 2-ton flatbed, 1996 Ranger
- Fire engine(currently): 1919 Seagrave Pumper (and a couple donor engines)
- Airplane: 1946 Piper L4 (military version of Piper Cub--sold to gentleman who
restored to WWII-era condition)
- Antique windmills
- Antique gas pumps
- Antique player pianos (currently 3)
- Cars(previous): 1934 Ford coupe, 1940 Ford pickup, 1940 Ford sedan, 196X
Thunderbird, 1929 and 1931 Model As

Mom never complains, she figures he's worked hard and deserves his projects.
Plus, Dad's had a heart attack, a quintuple bypass and two rounds of
cancer--the second with radiation treatment so brutal some would have thrown in
the towel--and it's his projects that keep him going. The only time she got
irritated was when he took too long to restore the '55 T-Bird--that's "her"
car.

Maybe that's why they've been married almost 57 years.

bs

Or the right amount of money?

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

Leno seems to either have either the right formula or the right wife - maybe
even both.....

Interesting thread ......

Robert N. Blair Yellow 65BJ8 rnbmail@yahoo.com