Re: [Healeys] hotel in Paris

To: <eyera3@gmail.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] hotel in Paris
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:47:12 +0200
I can recommend the Hotel Victor Hugo in Paris, see

 http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/victorhugo.html?aid=311092&label=hotel-21343
8-fr-RDNQYEt6FwBPDpaEp3u9SwS3189858474&sid=3e4c2dc1d12d3741bedf283e397f3b30&l
ang=en&selected_currency=hotel_currency

But to say, last time I was in Paris and stayed there was 5 years ago.

For Cologne
I already mentioned the "Meilenwerk" in Dusseldorf.
 http://www.meilenwerk.de/Meilenwerk_Duesseldorf_index.php
For racers the "Nurburgring Race Track" and Racing Museum might be interesting
http://www.nuerburgring.de/home.324.0.html also Spa Racetrack and Museum
http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en07/home/index.php.
A bit at the far end of a 3 hour drive distance is the Car and Aircraft Museum
Sinsheim and Speyer.
http://www.technik-museum.de/museum_sinsheim_english.html

But there is also beautiful landscape half an hour South of Cologne around the
river Rhine valley, the river Mosel valley, the river Ahr valley, the
mountainous area of the Eifel, with lots of castles (Eltz castle
http://www.burg-eltz.de/e_index.html), plenty of whine yards for whine
tasting, boat trips, etc.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany