[Healeys] Hardtop rally vent interior treatment

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Hardtop rally vent interior treatment
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 06:39:58 -0700
I have my hardtop restored and have my rally vent,

What was done to the headliner on the inside with the vent installed?

I was thinking I would go ahead and cut out the hole in the liner for the
vent, make a surround and fold back and glue the headliner.

Then I was going to make a beauty ring (similar to a MGB shifter lever
surround) for finishing the inside.   The vent will mount on the outside.

Any experience here would be welcome.  I intend to get this done before the
cold weather Snowball Rally next week.  All that is left is the headliner,
vent, window and windlace etc.

Just scratching my head about the finishing of the vent inside.

Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !

President AHCUSA              www.healey.org