Re: [Healeys] Petronics

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Petronics
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:51:37 +0200
Alan,
Many 12V cars (also AH's and Midgets) have been changed to 6V coil with
balast resistor for better starting. My comment was meant as a general
warning.
Lately I have seen several electronic units been fried, one Pertronics,
one Optronic and 3 or 4 Magnetronics. All had the wire to the starter
relais to short the resistor in place, which meant that during starting
the total resistance was about 1,5 Ohm instead of the 3 Ohms that is
generaly required, thus possible frying of the ignition module.
Kees Oudesluijs