Re: [Healeys] Austin A-40 sport for sale

To: "'Jean Caron'" <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin A-40 sport for sale
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:14:24 +1000
G'day Jean

Yes the styling of Austin A40 Sports is a matter of taste, as is its bigger
brother the original Austin powered Jensen Interceptor.

However it has to be remember that if it didn't exist I doubt we would now
have Austin-Healeys as we know them.

The original Healey 100 was slated to be a smaller production like the other
Healey cars. Directly after the connection with Austin in 1952 production
looked as if it was going to be slightly larger with Tickford constructing the
bodywork.

It was only after when Jensen Brothers were suggested that Leonard Lord
reflected on the excellent job they were doing on the A40 Sports that they
received the contract for the new Austin-Healey 100.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia