[Healeys] BN1 rear spring question - 8 leaf type.

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 rear spring question - 8 leaf type.
From: "Paul Barnes" <fiat500f@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 01:33:46 -0400
Two quick BN1 (BN1L/153829) rear leaf spring related questions please:

1.  Regarding the aluminum wedge between the axle and the spring, which end
(fat or thin) goes toward the front?
2.  Does anyone have a used wedge I could purchase?  When reinstalling the
spring that had a wedge, I'd forgotten which way the wedge should be
positioned.  When I looked at the other spring to reference the wedge
direction, I saw that that wedge was broken in half, and half was was gone!
The wedge is made of aluminum and has the part number, 1B7352, stamped/cast
into it.  My e-mail is fiat500f@aol.com.

Paul B.
(Still helping my friend with his 1954 BN1)  :)