Re: [Healeys] Subject: Re: healey overheating

To: "Mark Schneider" <mandmschneider@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Subject: Re: healey overheating
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:38:39 -0500
Technically I aagree with what Mark said, but just wanted to add that
legally using leaded avgas or racing gas on your street car is not kosher.
Had a friend who was diong that vary thing in an American muscle car, he got
stopped by a State Patrol officer, the guy looked at his tailpipe and asked
him if he was running leaded gas, I forget what the telltale is maybe white
residue, someone on the list will know.

Anyway, the guy (State P.)  was a gearhead, didn't write him up, having said
this if I had an high compression E-type or Cobra or something that needed
racing fuel to run well on the street I'd probably do it too...

Greg Lemon