[Healeys] Temp guage accuracy

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Temp guage accuracy
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:59:29 -0400
In a recent post,  Dave Porter wrote: "The old temp gauges are horribly
inaccurate".

I am not sure what Dave means by "old" (just 4 bangers or all Healeys?), and I
only have experience with one, but when I had my gauge and sending unit out I
tested it out of curiosity using a laboratory thermometer (highly accurate)
and a pot of water I brought to boiling on the cooktop.

When the gauge read 160 degrees, the temp was actually 159.8, and when it
indicated 190 degrees it was actually 189.

I was impressed!

I am not disputing that in general they may be inaccurate, but mine is great -
anyone else got any hard data?

cheers,

Mirek
1969 BT7 (and I am sticking to it until my Heritage Certificate is replaced)