Re: [Healeys] How to fold a BN1/BN2 top behind the seats

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] How to fold a BN1/BN2 top behind the seats
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:26:48 -0700
Hi Josef and Listers,

While I may not be able to tell you how to correctly fold that crappy
top (I have one, too!), I may be able to save you from permanently
creasing and marking the hood by constantly leaving it folded in the
car.  Please forgive the following commercial or hit Delete now if offended!

Living in Southern California, many of us never carry the top in the
car, leaving them safely stowed at home.  Removing it is easy for the
early 6-cylinder folks but us 100 owners are out of luck with the hood
attached to the bows and the bows attached to the car!  It's really not
worth the trouble to unbolt it, leaving ugly holes, and then reattach it
when needed.  So......

(Concours people please turn your heads.)  We're in the last stages of
producing a pair of brackets that will attach in the original holes for
the plate holding the bows.  The bows then simply slide in or out of the
brackets in 2 minutes.  An added bonus is when pushing the seat all the
way back, it does not strike the front bow damaging both the seat back
and the tonneau in between.  You'll also benefit from an additional inch
or two of leg room.

That brackets are milled from .50" 7075 T6 aluminum stock and look great
as finished.  One prototype tester painted them gray, matching the bows,
and looking "original" to a non-Healey admirer.
They are Patent Pending and should be ready for shipping in 6 months or
less.  The final price has not yet been determined but will be very
reasonable.  Thank you for bearing with me and any interested 100
owners, please contact me off-List.

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
'53 BN1M