Re: [Healeys] Battery choice

To: oldsamdman@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Battery choice
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:23:21 +0200
Stick to the old fashioned lead-acid type of a quality make like e.g.
VARTA, Delco, Panasonic etc. They are cheap & plentifull and still hard
to beat as a starter battery. If you use a trickle charger when the car
is not in use for a longer period and keep an eye on the water level
they are quite durable in our cars that are not used on a daily basis.
These batteries are starter batteries and some (Japanese made) can last
over 10 years.
At least in the past and perhaps still, there are some reliability and
durability problems with the expensive gel batteries. They may not be
ideally suited as a starter battery and they may need a different, more
refined charging proces for optimal results.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL