[Healeys] BJ8 wheel knock-off tightening

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 wheel knock-off tightening
From: dgschwind@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:58:49 +0000 (UTC)
Hi, Listers,

B B B B  At the risk of asking the same question that has been answered
before, please give me some advise. The hubs on the car all have some flatness
on the top of the splines, and the wheels appear even more complete. I've
encounterted great difficulty removing the knock-offs even requiring a brass
hammer. When installing I put no lub on the splines, and barely any on the
cones. I tighten them snug with a dead blow hammer with the wheels off of the
ground. I have chrome 72 spoke wire wheels and standard hubs. I used a red
lead material on my 100 in the 50's without a problem. Should I not use any
lub or is there an alternate material? I'd like to get it "correct" before I
leave Michigan for Kingston next month. Please offer your wisdom to me. By the
way, I am not a hard driver. Thanks in advance.

DONB  BJ8B B  Pandora