[Healeys] wire wheel greasing

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] wire wheel greasing
From: Norman Nock <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:34:20 -0700 (PDT)
Clean you hubs and the splines with a wire brush , put a good smear of disc
wheel bearing grease on the splines , the knock off clean the threads and put
some oil on the threads ...  The spokes at the hub end will show a little
dirty , so clean it off with a wire wheel cleaner ..  l have had cars that
owners didn't grease the hubs and we had to use a cutting torch to remove the
wire wheel because of the rust .
More info in Healey Highlights May 1986 and page 72 in my Tech Talk book .. on
page 122 of my book is factory service bulletin about this subject
      Norman Nockj