Re: [Healeys] brake squeal

To: healeymanjim@hansencc.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] brake squeal
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:18:28 +0200
I do not think it is a question of hardness only.
What make are the Moss pads? Some of the Mintex/Don/Girling/Lockheed
pads (often from the same manufacturer I believe) used to have peculiar
habits, e.g. a strongly changing friction cokfficient or squealing. I
have always had good results using replacement pads from Jurid, Textar,
Ferodo, EBC Greenstuf. Tried the Don, Lockheed, Mintex and Girling ones
but did not always like them. Some of the  pads were OK, others were not.
If possible I prefer to get OE pads, but they are usually only available
as NOS and not always asbestos free.

This was on a varyity of cars.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL