Re: [Healeys] Oil For Healey's

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil For Healey's
From: "Michael Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:36:08 -0400
Valvoline VR1 Racing oil was my choice last year (or before) when we were
discussing the changes to motor oil. Michael Salter had done a blog on the
subject and I remember he had chosen VR1 at the time for his car.

Recently, I found VR1 on the shelf at the auto parts store with a stick on
label that said "Extra ZDDP for flat tappet engines" or something to that
effect. HOWEVER, I noted that the API rating on the reverse said SM; it used
to say SL/SM. I no longer trust it with a SM rating. I'm going with the Brad
Penn 20-50.

Mike L.