[Healeys] Engine Won't Start

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Engine Won't Start
From: "Steve" <stevesylvia2@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 16:12:12 -0500
Hi All,
            We'll after three years I am finally able to try and start
my engine.  It ran fine before I pulled it.  While it was out, all I did
was replace gaskets, distributor cap, points, plugs, condenser coil and
wires.  I did disassemble the carbs for inspection and cleaning.  Bought
a new battery today and turned the key and the engine turned great but
didn't fire.  I checked for spark coming from the coil, which was good.
I checked for spark from each plug, which was good.  I checked the gap
from each plug as well as the dwell from the points all good but the
engine won't fire.  I thought maybe a fuel problem, but eliminated that
when I squirted a little gas into each spark plug hole and nothing.
When I had the engine out, I did attempt to remove the distributor but
only was able to pull it about an inch or so, so I just slid it back
down.  I was thinking the maybe the timing could be way off but when I
attempt to turn the distributor, I am only able to twist it maybe 1/32"
to 1/16", after loosening it of course.  So now I'm baffled.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated,
Steve Meyer
61 BN7