[Healeys] Goldie

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Goldie
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:56:18 -0400
Speaking of wheels, I recall Goldie being driven quite spiritedly.  I was a
corner marshall at a gymkhana, and could hear spokes creaking and pinging
under cornering stresses.  I pointed it out to Bruce, and he said "yeah, we
know, we keep a spare box of gold plated spokes on hand."

During the interior work, we literally wore white cotton gloves so as not to
mark the pale brown suede with fingerprints.  It was immaculate.  When Bruce
and Inan picked the car up, they tossed the luggage in, jumped into it like
into a Land Rover on the Dakar,  and roared off into the pouring rain saying
"these cars aren't meant to be coddled".

Healey Surgeons' location is great !  Wasn't it an old Tucker dealership ?

Best
Peter