[Healeys] Stripped Treads on shock

To: "'Michael Hartfield'" <hartfiel@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject: [Healeys] Stripped Treads on shock
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@att.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:22:38 -0400
Dear Michael,

I had that happen on my BJ8 over 38 years ago.  The mechanic I used then
just drilled and tapped to the next size up.  When I put on the Billstein
tube shock conversion kit by Mr. Putzke, which is a wonderful addition to
any Healey, I had to purchase the proper bolts from McMaster Carr and ream
out a few parts to get them to fit.  I did the conversion last year, and the
fix from 38 years ago has never been a problem. If it were not for the
different head size on one shock, which I realize when I do my Spring
tightening check of critical components, I would have forgotten about it.

Mark