Re: [Healeys] 100's & Whitworth tools

To: Ed's Shop <shop@justbrits.com>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100's & Whitworth tools
From: Bob <robertlarson@att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:03:07 -0400
Yes, that is correct.  However, in the ones I received the plating
faults were very minor and they certainly are quite usable.

Agreed, will not replace wrenches in all cases but wrenches will not
always replace sockets either.

A different level of quality might be necessary for someone like you
that makes his living with the tools and those of as Merle Haggard put
it are, "Shade Tree Mechanics".

Years ago I split a Snap-On socket.  The so called lifetime guarantee
was useless as they could no longer replace it.   So even a defective $2
throw away socket might not be a bad deal overall.

Bob