Re: [Healeys] BJ8 scam on eBay

To: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 scam on eBay
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 13:21:21 -0700
A few years ago I tangled with a scammer on eBay over a series 1 E-Type.
The price was just cheap enough to be real.
When I realized it was a scam I decided to have a bit of fun.
So I wrote to them and told them I understood about how they were concerned
about scams, so rather than using pay pal, I told them that my uncle Mr.
Benjamin Dover lived in their area, and he would be happy to meet them at
the bank, give them cash in return for the title.  I did remember to mention
that uncle Ben was a retired FBI agent who spent 10 years investigating
cyber crimes.
For some reason they never wrote back...
I wonder why?

Rick