Re: [Healeys] Trafficator Harness Installation

To: "Steve" <stevesylvia2@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator Harness Installation
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:42:21 -0700
Steve,

I did this recently. After all you were able to get the bullets to pull
through the tube when you pulled it apart, right? ;)

I used some multi-stranded electrical wire as my 'pull string'. About the same
gage as used for most of the light gage wiring on the car. After feeding the
wire through the stator tube, stripped a good inch or more of the outer
plastic and wrapped the stranded wire 5 or so times just under the base of the
#1 bullet. Then used just enough stretchy electrical tape to make a slim
package of all the staggered bullets. Do what ever you can to get the bullets
to be staggered and nested. It's the last bullet that also has multiple wires
to bind that gets thickest of course. Then it's helpful to have someone
pulling from the front and you guide the bullets into the tube (o.k. I didn't
have this but it still would have been helpful). Once you can carefully get
them past the opening you are home free. I didn't need to but you could put a
little carnuba wax or equiv. on the electrical tape to help reduce friction.

Cheers,
John

Hi all,
... how did you do it ..