[Healeys] body work question

To: Austin Healey mailing_list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] body work question
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:21:17 -0700 (PDT)
I am looking at a project BJ8 that has some bodywork issues and I am hoping
that some of you who have been "tinkering" with Healeys may be able to tell me
just how serious this is - $$$magnitude$$$.
The front passenger side shroud has a foot long tear starting at the hood lid
opening ending at the fender bead. The seller says that it was caused by
something hitting it from underneath. This supposedly was caused by accident
damage to the frame (???). Other signs that there was damage of the front
"clip" is that the windshield does not sit flush on the cowl and there are
unusual gaps where the front fenders meet the windshield posts and doors.
I have pictures of the damaged areas of the car but I didn't think I could
attach them to this post. If anyone is interested let me know and I will send
the pictures directly.
Thanks
Jorge