Re: [Healeys] shifter roll pins

To: "Mr. Finespanner" <mrfinespanner@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] shifter roll pins
From: tomleavy@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 10:19:36 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Listers-

Thanks for the reply, Doug. I'll try your suggestion. Can you tell me how long
the should be? I am concerned with the distance that the bolt passes into the
shifter, so it captures the shifter without inhibiting movement.

I think that my problem was that I pushed the roll pins in too far, or maybe
they were a hair too small. When looking downward from the top of the shifter,
how far into the slot on the shifter does the pin get pushed?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the correct roll pins? If I can just pick
them up at the hardware store, I might use that as an interim solution til I
source the bolts from the Nocks on a future order. It's supposed to be
gorgeous today here in Jersey, and I'd like to be able to drive. I installed
my windshield this week, and am curious to see if the Healey is as much fun to
drive without the wind in my face.

Regards,B

Tom
BJ7