Re: [Healeys] Conclave - proof of auto insurance

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Conclave - proof of auto insurance
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:16:23 -0400
Reminds me of a story....
A few years ago, I was driving back home to North Carolina from Halifax,
Nova Scotia and stopped in Yarmouth to fill up with gas before boarding The
Cat ferry.  While filling the tank, I noticed a small box of apples for sale
next to the pump, so I bought it for later snacks on the ferry and put it on
the back seat.
When I got to Bar Harbor, ME and was passing through customs, the agent
asked the usual question whether I had any fruits, etc.  Having forgotten
about the apples, I said "No."  He asked, while laughing, "What is that on
your back seat?"

Eventually, he let me pass with the apples, but he said if they had been
Granny Smiths he would have had to confiscate them.  Apparently, they were
O.K. since they came from Canada.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry