Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes on BN1 -

To: Rod Shepherd <rodshepherd@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes on BN1 -
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:34:21 -0700
In my experience this is an old trick with many LBCs.  MY theory is that
there is a small air bubble that won't bleed out with conventional bleeding.
  It just moves back and forth with your bleeding.  By leaving pressure on
the pedal overnight or for a day allows this bubble to work it way up the
line to almost the master, and then when you take pressure off of the pedal
the bubble winds up in the master reservoir.
My other thought is back the adjusters way off on the brakes so it takes
lots of pedal pumps to get a hard brake pedal.  Then when you open a bleed
screw the brake return springs will move lots of fluid (and hopefully that
#%$^$# bubble) out the bleed screw.
$.02
Rick