[Healeys] Misleading Barrett Jackson promo material on BJ8

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Misleading Barrett Jackson promo material on BJ8
From: Jim Culp <jculphealey@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:19:14 -0700 (PDT)
I heard about the price paid for a '66 Tanner BJ8 finished in Metallic Golden
Beige and red interior- I was excited that the prices are staying up.  I read
about the sale in Automobile Magazine where they stated correctly that it was
a '66 redone in the '67 Anniversary color "Metallic Golden Beige".

Then I look up the auction information and it reads "Finished in the
spectacular and original rare factory color scheme of Metallic Golden Beige
with Red Ambla trim."

I was pretty surprised- got me wondering if the buyer thought this was a
"real" MGB car and paid a premium as a result?  Since Automobile Mag knew it
wasn't an original MGB car can one assume the buyer did as well?

Lot # 674
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/currentcarlist.as
px?aid=284&sd=04/09/2009&ed=04/11/2009