[Healeys] "interesting" trip

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Listserve T-series"
Subject: [Healeys] "interesting" trip
From: "Carr&Edwards" <scvc70@epix.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:57:25 -0400
We've probably all heard the (apocryphal?) Chinese curse -- "May you live in
interesting times."

And we all know that traveling with an old car can be "interesting" indeed.
This past Tuesday morning a woman named Emily Anderson started out from NYC in
a 1909 Maxwell in what is already turning out to be a very "interesting" trip
-- retracing the 1909 transcontinental journey of Alice Huyler Ramsey, the
first woman to drive an automobile across the USA.   (Those of you who are
AACA or VMCCA members have read about this project in the club magazines.)

I met the group when they arrived in Poughkeepsie, NY, on Tuesday afternoon
(two hours late--already had to weld a broken spring bracket!), just to cheer
them on, and have been following them since on their website.  If you want to
find out just how "interesting" a trip can be, go to  http://aliceramsey.org.
I won't ever complain again about having to change a fuel pump or a radiator
hose or some other such trivial thing on the road!

Sarah Carr
(various LBCs--
  some running, some not...)