Re: [Healeys] Gasoline Overflow follow up

To: "'Mark LaPierre'" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, "'Greg Wilkinson'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gasoline Overflow follow up
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 06:41:08 -0700
Mark:
The auto shut off has always worked with both of my BJ8s at every gas
station.
Ron

Heres a stupid question.   Why didn't the auto shut off on the pump work.
I have never filled a Healey
tank up I am a tad embarrassed to say. (still restoring)   But knowing that
it has an extremely long filler pipe ,   does this prevent the pumps from
shutting off.    Come to think of it does the fuel have to go half way up
that long filler tube in order for the pumps to shut off?

Mark