Re: [Healeys] Rude awakenings

To: <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rude awakenings
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 05:20:58 +0000
Michael and Keith,
Thanks for your responses. Your answer echos Donald's advice to "use the
cheapest oil and change it often". I used the entire bucket of cam lube and
NOS Mahle brand lifters when I built the engine and broke it in according to
the vendor's (Isky) instructions. I suppose the instruction I missed was the
frequent oil changes. It's been kind of tough to determine milage since the
speedo spends most of its time on the fritz.
I'm looking at ways to extend the life of the cam and lifters, since stripping
the side cover is such a royal PITA, and I want to put off the next occurrence
as long as I can.
Bill Lawrence