[Healeys] bad run day

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] bad run day
From: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:57:38 -0700
I was taking my newly (almost finished) BJ8 down to the alignment shop when it
cough and died.  A quick analysis showed the fuel pump was not operating.  The
fuse was blown so I switched it with a 10 amp just to see if it would run.
That blew right away also.  So AAA to tow home.  After pulling the new Mallory
fuel pump, it has no motor ability.  Although I took it all apart, there was
no visible problem.  I bought this unit because the list is always talking
about fuel pump problems.  So the expense of this Mallory pump was an attempt
to have a long term pump.  Very disappointing!

I am going to put two Purolator inline pumps into the pump area and a double
switch.   They cost less and perhaps with two, I can always have a backup.
This has work with my backup generator for the house.  I have not needed it
since it was installed!

Oh well,  maybe I like working on the cars more than driving them anyway.

Jerry
BJ8