[Healeys] Chrome Rocker Covers

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Chrome Rocker Covers
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:00:13 +1000
By coincidence I found a document I have from the;
 'Donald Healey Motor Company Ltd.'  that lists 'Austin-Healey '100',
 'Additional Equipment Available.'

Chromium plated rocker cover and Chromium plated air cleaners.  ( Price
the three items on exchange basis)   UK 4 pound and  4 shillings.

Remember The Healey Family held a unique position. They owned the design
of the cars, they developed the concept of the next model, they were
paid to promote Healey Marque thro racing,they were a recognised
distributor of the Austin models ( focusing on the sports car range )
and had exclusive rights to sell Healeys to the U.S. occupied English
air bases.  Also there was a seperate company selling Healey Speed
Equipment. Austin managed and paid for the manufacture of the cars and
controlled their distribution.

Therefore the question arises, was the above mentioned 'Additional
Equipment' Factory ( Austin ) listed and fitted or was it a dealer
option. Is a list from a Seller a standard Factory Option?

The list I refer has approx. 36  ' Additional Equipment ' items.   At
this period of time in Australia at least there were two seperate
distribution and sales organisations and not all Austin Dealers were
Healey sellers.

So what is 'Factory' ?

Joe