Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump
From: "Johnsen, Bernard F (AS)" <bernard.johnsen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:01:51 -0500
Tim -
        Have you tried whacking the Fuel Pump ? Each spring, when my BJ8
awakes from its winter hibernation, the fuel pump does not work. I keep
a rubber mallet on the floor behind the passenger seat. I use the mallet
to whack the bulkhead under the rear seat, where the fuel pump is
mounted, and the pump immediately comes to life. I only have to do this
once a year, and then the pump works fine. My pump is a standard SU pump
for a BJ8, modified with transistors to do the switching.
- Bernie Johnsen 1967 BJ8