Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Glove box lock operation

To: Weston Keyes <westonkeyes@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Glove box lock operation
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:01:27 +0000 (UTC)
Wes,

My BJ8's latch--original--works as follows:

- the barrel should be more-or-less even with the face of the body in 'neutral'
position; i.e. it does not pop out
- you push the barrel in about a quarter-inch to retract the 'tongue' and open
the box
- once opened, you can just push the glove box closed (though I prefer to
depress the barrel first to save wear-and-tear on the latch )
- to lock, insert key with barrel in 'neutral' position and turn key one
quarter-turn counterclockwise

HTH,
Bob