[Healeys] Pilkington triplex windshield glass

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Pilkington triplex windshield glass
From: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:32:10 -0700
Listers,

I replaced the windscreen glass in my BJ8 a couple of years ago.
There is absolutely no doubt  it was worth every dollar extra the
glass might cost.  The glass is perfectly clear.  When I take the
effort to clean the glass thoroughly it is extraordinarily clear.  The
fit of the new glass in the windscreen frame is perfect.  I have heard
stories of the cheaper replacement glass leaving gaps between the
weather seal and the glass once it has been fitted.  Regarding the
price, I would urge you to shop around.  I paid approximately $250.00
for my Pilkington glass.

Marks 3
'66 BJ8