Re: [Healeys] Air Compressor

To: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>, "Linwood H Rose"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Air Compressor
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:11:06 -0500
Although I don't have experience with the large compressor you are talking
about, I assume in this day and age the "bolt to the floor" instructions may
be based upon liability concerns.

"The big compressor squished me (or my wife or my nice expensive Healey) and
the instructions didn't tell me to secure it right well...waah waah"

I notice tall bookcases often come with a securing strap you are supposed to
attach to the wall for similar anti-squish/liability reasons.

I would think that the two by four base or a good sturdy strap on mouted
securely to a good sturdy wall would do the trick--use some good common
engineering sense and all should be good.

Welcome to the world of air tools, I was in the same electric and hand tool
world too for many many years, the thing I find the most useful is the most
simple, the little air blaster attachment, use it all the time to blow off
dust and debris, dry off water, blow out tubes and passageways.

Greg