Re: [Healeys] blast cabinets

To: "Linwood H Rose" <linwoodrose@mac.com>, "healeylist"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] blast cabinets
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:44:58 -0400
If your not going to do another restoration Lin then a cabinet will just
take up a lot of space.
After cleaning up a batch of parts 2 years ago for my Healey I haven't used
my cabinet sense.

A good dust collector/vacuum is a must.   I did the same thing my buddy did
a used a shop vac.   Bad
move.   I had dust every where before I new what was happening.

 I purchased a small , top load
table top, blasting unit .  One problem was that the vac would suck the
gloves off their mounts so I couldn't run the vac when blasting.   I had to
open the lid a little to let some air in.

It takes a large compressor to keep up with blasting so don't buy too small.

If I need to use this again I will roll the cabinet outside to do the work.

Just my experiences.

Mark