[Healeys] Socket Drive Dimensions

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Socket Drive Dimensions
From: "Johnsen, Bernard F (AS)" <bernard.johnsen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 07:37:19 -0500
Folks -
        As we all know, the U.S.A. is one of the few (if not the only)
country that has not adopted the Metric System. I am not trying to
revive this particular religious war, but I was wondering about
something. Over the years I have acquired a great many sockets and
ratchets. They come in several "drive" sizes - quarter inch, three
eighths inch, half inch, and three quarter inch. Does the rest of the
world use these drive dimensions, or do they have comparable metric
sizes - perhaps 10 MM drive or 15 MM drive ? Just wondering.
        Healey content: I use these sockets to work on my BJ8.

        - Bernie Johnsen 1967 BJ8