[Healeys] Trafficator

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Trafficator
From: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:05:10 -0700
Listers,

My BJ8 trafficator was rebuilt about three years ago and has worked
fine until the other day.  It has begun failing to cancel the
directional signals following a turn, either left or right.  Once in
awhile the self-cancelling works but usually not.  The turn signals
work electrically the problem seems to be mechanical.     When I
engage the trafficator lever, either left or right, the system feels
"sticky", it no longer has a mechanical feel of a switch being engaged
although the lever remains in the left or right position and the
signals work.  Before I again remove the trafficator from the steering
column I am wondering if there might be something I could do to check
the mechanics of the system in situ. Thanks for any input.

Marks 3
'66 BJ8