Re: [Healeys] cash for clunkers (OT- For those sensitive souls

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] cash for clunkers (OT- For those sensitive souls
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 15:38:27 -0700
Tracy:  A solution?  Here's a solution.  Get government out of the private
sector and let the economy correct itself even if it takes a few
reorganization bankruptcys.

Our government (which is here to help us?) has spent, or wants to spend the
following tax dollars on stimulus (?) packages (we're not even talking
health care here):

$275 billion on mortgages that people never should have had.
$30 billion to AIG who was involved in the mortgage scam.
$150 billion to AIG from the Bush administration.
$1 trillion for the 'toxic asset' buyout that never happened but the money
was directed elsewhere.
$22 billion in low cost loans to the auto industry (do you really believe
that that money will ever be returned?)
$30 billion to GM, the automobile company we now own.
$3 billion for the 'cash for clunkers' program

That is over 1.5 TRILLION dollars.

You want a stimulus package?  How about dividing up that 1.5 T and giving it
to the 138 million taxpayers (2008, IRS).  Each taxpayer would get close to
$11,000.  Put 11 Grand in my bank account and watch me stimulate the economy
starting with getting my trany and OD rebuilt.

Won't happen, of course, because the government doesn't really have the 1.5
T.  It is to come from supposed future income/savings.  The best hope would
be that they would reduce our taxes and let us have more money to spend.  I
would be happy to do my share.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031