[Healeys] FW: cash for clunkers (OT- For those sensitive souls

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: cash for clunkers (OT- For those sensitive souls
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 19:34:36 -0400
As far as the health program, here are some solutions:

1. Tort reform. NO one should be awarded 5 million for spilling a hot cup of
coffee on themselves. What happened to common sense. Same applies to
malpractice. Outrageous judgments seem to be the norm. Must be profitable,
just look at the number of attorney ads on TV.
2. Put drugs up to competitive bidding for the Medicare program thus
controlling expenses. AND allow for competitive bidding by the mail order
companies who contract with the insurance companies for their customers
health care program such as Blue Cross, Aetna, etc..  Even on Medicare it is
cheaper for me to buy drugs from Canada once I reach the so-called "donut
hole" which is easy to get at for my wife who has glaucoma. Her eye drops
are $150 a month and in Canada the same thing is about $50 - both being
manufactured in the same plant.
3. Why does Congress not allow Americans to use the same health care program
available to them? Guess they want to maintain their belief that they are
special people.
4. Stop the merchandising of drugs through Doctors offices. Who of us has
not sat in a Doctors office for an interminable time while the drug
representatives march into the inner office with their free lunches for the
staff taking up time while we sit and stew in the waiting room. Next time
you get a prescription, ask the Doctor if he has any idea how much the
medication costs. None of my doctors did until I told them and then they
wrote prescriptions for cheaper medication that works just as well - some
better. Can it be that their practice gets a kick back for prescriptions
that they write? I know that when I have a prescription filled at my local
drug store and it is an expensive one, I get a letter from the drug company
thanking me and reminding me to get it refilled. Big brother is watching.
Fire these girls with the big bazooms and stop the letters to me and maybe
the pharmaceutical overhead would go down. Doctors can be informed by mail
of new drugs.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com