Re: [Healeys] Monterey Week

To: "'scotyp@comcast.net'" <scotyp@comcast.net>, healey list
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Monterey Week
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:00:01 +1000
G'day Scot

My wife and I went last year and had a ball.

In essence:-

I could have spent a fortune at the Automobilia sales.
We walked the streets of Carmel taking in the public display of cars.
Met Dan Gurney at the Quail.
Sold advertising space to Bonhams. (Something had to pay for it all)
At Laguna Seca got a buzz out of watching Gary Anderson passing a 250GTO in
his MGA.
Met lots of Austin-Healey people at Monterey.
Got sunburnt standing at the Corkscrew.
Sipped champagne at 11pm while attending the RM auction. (I kept my hand in my
pocket)
More champagne at 7.30am at Pebble Beach and just bowled over by it all. The
event that is.
Asked Sir Stirling how his sister was. (She died just a month or two later)
Marvelled at the cars at Pebble Beach including the Motorama vehicles that a
poor Australian would never see.
Talked myself hoarse in the pits at Laguna Seca.
And I actually did some work at the Vintage Racecar stand - thought it
reasonable as they paid.

In all had a wonderful time. Do I wish I was there now? Too bloody right I do,
however the taxman has taking a particular liking to my $$$ at the moment.

It's a week of Automotive Nirvana. The only downside is that it's hard to find
a decent cup of tea.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia